Sunday, March 11, 2007

What the ...?

I am really beside myself. ALL this CRAZY *hand waving* talk about the "early" Daylight Savings Time and how airlines are gonna be confused, your toaster is going to attack you, Y2K nightmares all over again, like your computer might swallow you up so that you become a cyber person. In all of the rot that I have been reading (it's like a train wreck, you know, you, well, I, can't look away) I never read anywhere that this whole "early" thing was for the US only!!! JHC!

Correct me if I am wrong, and clearly I am wrong, but I always conceptualized Daylight Savings as a UN of sorts, but about Time. Either you are in or you are out, and "we, the UN" really don't care which, just decide. (Decide Indiana! For the love of God, Decide!) But I am stone wrong! Apparently we - meaning USers (I refuse to say Americans, don't even get me started there, that is another rant for another night) - can pick when OUR Daylight Savings begins and ends and everyone else stays the same. Well this little tidbit would have been oh, so helpful, BEFORE I ran around like a crazy person changing clocks ahead and mourning the hour of my life that was lost. alas! I got it back! Do you know why? Because Mexico don't play like that, yo. They aren't having any of this people-will-spend-more-in-daylight-and-we'll-make-it-look-like-it-saves-energy-BULL-CRAP-smorgasbord. Oh, no!

So, I have no IDEA what time it is where you are, but it is 10pm here and time keeps rolling on. I didn't lose an hour (yet), I am not going to be that stupid jerk who shows up to class an hour early tomorrow (phew!), and Paul was right (darnet anyhow!). Daylight Savings for the rest of the world is still on for the first weekend of April. I hope George W. sets his watch to the right time tomorrow when he shows up in good ol' Merida. Paul joked that he left for Santa Elena this week because he refuses to be in the same zip code as W, but the joke is on Paul because Calderon and W are visiting Uxmal, a mere 5 miles from Santa Elena!

BTW: I'll let you know if my toaster tries to attack me. Keep an eye on yours. ja ja ja!

M

No comments: