Sunday, April 01, 2007

Happy April Fool’s Day!

and to you baseball fans, Happy Opening Day!
Paul got his baseball fix on Friday night when we went to a Leones game here in Merida. The Leones are the defending champions! We watched them win last season (on TV) when we had just arrived in Mexico. Friday night we finally made the trek out to the stadium and sat right behind home plate. The game was great! The Leones were socking it to the Pirates of Campeche (local rivally even!). The food was worth mentioning since we had a very eclectic smorgasbord of snacks including: french fries, pizza, popcorn, tacos al pastor, and the best deal of the night, $1.25 Corona. It was the closest to nickel beer night we’ll ever know! ha! The game was fun to watch and the breeze was great but the innings went by super slow. It started at 8pm and at 10pm we were in the 4th. We didn’t stay for the whole game because we had to take a taxi back to the apartment but it was a fun time. We are hoping to go back this week or next when F and M are here.


NCAA Tourney: Noah the Gnat and Grandpa Oden
Baseball has been a good replacement to the NCAA tourney. My bracket is so messed up I can’t even check my standings anymore and I do not give a crappy crap which team wins. I think Noah is an annoying freak and I think Oden is a really good basketball player for being 38. I guess I want Ohio State to win only because a Florida repeat might mean that Noah stays another year to do it again, and I really don’t want that. (that’s a joke)

The Good Shepherd: D+/C-
Yesterday, seeing as it is getting brutally hot here, we decided to go to a movie in the air conditioning. We saw The Good Shepherd with Matt Damon and Angelina Jolie. Paul’s comments, “It wasn’t like Munich, I didn’t feel like hours of my life had been stolen…” Paul gives it a D. If you ask me, it seems like the movie made sense at some point and then the editor got high or something and went a little crazy with snipping clips. I give it a C. It was okaaaay, but nothing to hop off the couch and rush to the movie theatre to see. One annoying aspect of the movie was that I had read on Yahoo a while back that Jolie was having trouble getting a visa to the Congo for filming. Well, I kept waiting for her to end up there because I had read about it online, but in the movie it doesn’t make sense how she would end up there at first, so that was distracting and misleading. That’s what I get for reading way too much “news” on Yahoo.

For real news, I consult this guy.

We are off to the beach on Wednesday for some relax time and to wait for F and M to get here (hurry up!). We’ll have lots of adventures to relate then!

Much Love

M

No comments: